The nation’s largest distributor of natural gas needed to safely conduct pipeline integrity testing of approximately five miles of pipeline without interrupting service to customers.
The hydrotest, which ran through the middle of heavily-populated urban areas, was the largest pipeline integrity test in terms of volume, pipeline size and distance for the natural gas distributor to date. Partnering with Rain for Rent to safely provide 1,000,000 gallons of water storage capacity without any spills or leaks was paramount.
A combination of a B-16 LakeTank®, tanks, DV175c pumps, Spillguards, PipeStax®, RampLox™ and aluminum pipe provided the necessary water for the hydrotest.
- The Rain for Rent team pulled together to safely install and remove the system to meet the customer's expedited timeframe.
- The branch worked with the Rain for Rent Engineering Department to ensure the system would fit within a small 200'x200' footprint.
- RampLox™ provided uninterrupted flow for pedestrian walkways and golf cart paths.
- Coupler Spillguards protected the ground from any potential leaks.
- PipeStax® were placed under the pipe, creating necessary space for the Coupler Spillguards.
The customer had confidence in the Rain for Rent team to provide the equipment and expertise needed for this job. A second hydrotest is scheduled utilizing Rain for Rent’s equipment.
Crude oil pipeline expansion bypass
Creek Diversion Keeps Pipeline Construction on Time